Pages

Wednesday 24 May 2017

High Impact Car Race Results

What did we do? We had a few weeks to modify and test our car for the races. We had to think about what could make it faster, what would make it go the furthermost and what would make it slow down quickly. Finally, we had the races. We had 5 minutes before the race to modify especially for that race.


How was it fair? We all had access to the same materials, we had the same model of car (Tesla Model S) and we were racing on the same track

What were the races? The races were who could go the fastest down the ramp, who could slow down before the line and who could drive the furthest.

Retell in the order it happened in: First, we did the who's car could go the fastest down the ramp. My times were 1.60 and 1.40. Then we did the who could stop closest to the line. I wasn't the closest to the line. The first run I got close. But the second time I flipped over. Third, we did the who can go the longest. My first run I got 1.66 metres. My second run it did not count because I flipped. So basically I got 0. The longest run was car 7 with a score of 4.97. The shortest run was car 4 with a run of 0.63.

The effects of my modifications

I added this spoiler to create downforce to keep it straight so it wouldn't crash into the sides to lose speed. Though it didn't work like I planned
This design was used for the second run. The front of the car was designed to slow it down at the end of the ramp and the would've lost its momentum would stop it. The plan somewhat worked
This design was to spread the weight evenly and not make the lose momentum and go a long distance



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.