Pages

Monday 29 April 2019

English - Diverstity

In English, we have been learning about the meaning of stories and what the director wants us to see in the story

I think we are learning about this because it is important to understand different points of view

The Willow Maid by Erutan helped me understand that just because someone wants to do something, it doesn’t mean the other does

Disney’s Tarzan  helped me to understand that it is difficult for some people to accept others into groups

Nickelodeon’s Avatar: The Great Divide could be connected to Tarzan as it is another case of people struggling to work with others and accept them into their group

Barriers by Hinewirangi helped me to understand that different languages can make people struggle to pronounce names and other words, but you shouldn't give up trying

The Seahorse and the Reef by Witi Ihimaera helped me to understand that some places are important to some and those places get ruined by the greed of others

Butterflies by Patricia Grace  helped me to understand people coming from different backgrounds often have conflicting ideas and usually, neither will admit theirs is worse

CW’s Supergirl, Welcome to Earth made me think about how people treat others that come from different places and often make up names for them like Aliens


Disney’s Zootopia made me think about the way people treat others based on stereotypes


The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare helped me to understand that in the past people were treated a lot differently and were not listened to often

The Bee Movie can be connected to Tarzan because it was hard for humans to accept Barry B Benson into their world

1 comment:

  1. Neat post, Logan. You've put a lot of thought into these different stories.
    I like that you found similarities between some of the stories.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.